For everyday mechanical use, the product is a must-have in your arsenal. Not only are these reliable and cost-effective, but they can also be used for several reasons! They use flammable butane and emits a consistent, intense flame that can be used for heating and melting purposes. However, be sure to exercise extra caution, for these can heat up to almost 1430°C (2606°F) very soon. However, they are safer and easy to work with indoors than propane torches, which are bigger and generate more heat. Keep reading to know more!
Handy Home Master created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Handy Home Master
Top 10 Best Butane Torches: Comparison Char
Best Overall: Iwatani International Review
- Iwatani top quality butane torch is backed by a 1-year manufacturer (butane not included)
- Easy to use butane torch - adjustable flame size and shape to concentrate the flame as much or as little as you need, one touch piezo ignition, and stabilizing plate for your safety
- Kitchen Torch perfect for roasting and charring vegetables, glazing ham, browning and crisping toppings, melting cheese and of course producing the sugary crust on crème Brulee, meringues and pastries
- Sous vide Torch that adds complex flavors, and wonderful texture to perfectly finish off your steaks, fish, chicken and vegetables in just a few minutes
- Portable Torch that’s perfect for camping, at home, professional, culinary school, and BBQ’s just twist and it locks in place
Adjustable Flame: Sondiko Review
- Safe&Durable - With safety lock prevents accidental ignition and a wide set base helps to prevent it falling over. Long angled nozzle and burn-free finger guard keep your hand safely away from the flame. Made with durable Aluminum alloy body for long lasting use.
- Refillable&Easy to Operate - Refill the kitchen torch with any brand of butane(Butane Gas Isn't Included), simply slide the security lock to open, light up with Piezo Ignition Technology. It is a portable&mini torch that you can take it for many outdoor activities like camping and BBQ.
- Great Gift&Versatile - Ideal for caramelizing sugar atop creme brulee, glazing a baked ham, searing a steak, roasting bell peppers, melting cheese and toasting bread crumbs. Also useful for lighting your fireplace, candles or cigars, for hobby, arts and crafts projects, jewelry making, welding, for multiple camping applications, dabs, and much more.
- Adjustable Flame&Continuously Flame Mode - Piezo Ignition Technology allows for using at any angle even upside down with effortless one hand operation, adjustable temperature regulator for complete control of flame and allows flame temperature to reach up to 1300 °C/2372 °F. Press the button to light fire, turn the safety lock clockwise at the same time, then it will keep firing without your pressing. Baking, cooking is much easier.
- Fit ALL Butane Tanks - Are you still worried about not knowing which tank type to choose? Don’t worry, Sondiko kitchen blow torch fits any brand of butane gas with whether long nozzle or short nozzle! This torch can be directly inflated for the long nozzle gas tank. For gas tank with short nozzle, add the red adapter included in the box to lengthen the nozzle, then refill the torch.
Large Tank Capacity: Dremel Review
- INTEGRATED IGNITION TRIGGER – For easy start up, no independent ignition tool required
- VERSATILE 9-PIECE ACCESSORY KIT - Offers versatile butane torch accessories for soldering, heat blowing, heat deflecting, flame diffusing
- VARIABLE TEMPERATURE – Flame control features for both torch and flame operation
- FLAME LOCK SWITCH - For simplified operation on extended use projects
- PREMIUM QUALITY- For life long durability
Safety Lock: Jo Chef Review
- KITCHEN TORCH WITH 2 BUTANE CANS INCLUDED - Take your meal prep to the next level with the Jo Chef Superior RX Butane Torch. Your NEW kitchen torch comes with 2 butane fuel refill canisters so you can use it right out the box! The adjustable flame reaches temperatures up to 2,370°F.
- SAFE FOR EVEN A CULINARY NOVICE – We crafted our culinary torch out of professional-grade materials, providing you with a safe and easy-to-use tool. Complete with multiple safety locks and an adjustable flame function, the JoChef torch allows you to set fire to your culinary aspirations while maintaining a safe and clean kitchen.
- MORE THAN JUST ANOTHER KITCHEN UTENSIL – While you’ll no doubt be using your culinary torch to create mesmerizing meals, you can also use it on things outside of the kitchen! It’s the perfect tool for welding small plastics, perfectly processing jewelry, or other DIY projects around the house. And once you’re done whipping up a Michelin-quality meal, you can sit back, relax, and use the torch to light one of your favorite cigars or candles.
- TURN UP THE HEAT ON YOUR GIFT-GIVING – Once you discover the difference our culinary torch can make in the kitchen, you’ll want to share it with all of your friends and family! We don’t flame you – in fact, we encourage it! Your torch arrives in a deluxe gift box, so there’s no need for wrapping. Whether you are celebrating the marriage of close friends, or welcoming a family member to their new home, the JoChef Torch is sure to be a memorable and appreciated gift for many meals to come.
- ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE – If the lure of homemade desserts isn’t enticing enough, your purchase comes with a BONUS FREE 23 Recipe eBook and a 90-day money back guarantee. So, go ahead - give our torch a try! If you don’t absolutely love it, we will gladly refund your purchase. No questions asked.
Multi-Function Kit: LEXIVON Review
- A MUST-HAVE BUTANE TORCH FOR YOUR MASTERPIECES: Use the LEXIVON 12-piece butane powered soldering set in a wide range of different applications, from wood burning to wire soldering.
- TAKE CONTROL INTO YOUR OWN HANDS: Adjust flame from 1/2" to 2" with working temperature up to 2400° F, hands-free operation with the attachable base stand.
- OUR BUTANE SOLDERING TORCH IS MADE TO LAST: 100% Metal refillable fuel tank will last longer than common plastic tubes. Pre-tested for leakage and ignition capability.
- CONVENIENT HANDS-FREE FLAME LOCK-ON: The large tank capacity with standard butane gas allows for up to 2-Hours run time, fully refills in 15 seconds so you can stay on the job.
- YOUR SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY: Newly designed with Ignition stopper to meet the U.S. CPSC-Child resistance standard requirements. (Attention - butane is NOT included)
Sturdy, Powerful and Safe: Urgrette Review
- 【6 INCH PENCIL TORCH LIGHTER】 6-inch long neck design protect you from burning your hand. You can use it according to the intended applications such as grill, candle, BBQ, camping, baking, soldering or DIY jewelry. This 2 Pack URGRETTE lighters ( Raven & Silver ) are stored in a gift box, a great gifts idea for Friend, Christmas Day, Birthday.
- 【2020 UPDATED MODEL-PLATING TECHNIQUE】Unlike many other cheap lighters, this torch lighter is made of full metal (aluminum alloy) and adopted surface plating technique. The lighter has three-layers of safety protection and high temperature resistant ceramic. 20 process quality inspections, more safe and durable.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLAME & FUEL VISIBLE】URGRETTE butane lighter has 2.8g gas capacity to ensure long lasting use. You can adjust flame size easily without any tools. In addition, our lighter has a fuel visible window. Shake the lighter to see residual fuel from the visible window, check and refill butane gas at any time, so you don't have to worry about run out of gas.
- 【STURDY TURBO NOZZLE &UNIQUE DESIGN】The jet flame lighter uses sturdy copper turbo nozzle, can create a continuous single flame up to 2.8 inches with a temperature of 2800°F. We have also added 2 cooling hole to allow it to cool faster and recover quickly to ensure long-term use.
- 【100% RISK-FREE & 1-YEAR WARRANTY 】 Our product comes with 1-Year Warranty, including 8-month free replacement policy and 60-day money back guarantee, to make you shop with confidence. If you have any questions or need any help, please contact us. We are always here for you~！
Portable Design: Corkas Review
- 【PROFESSIONAL COOKING TORCH】Adopts super lightweight Aluminum Alloy shell covered and high-temperature resistant muzzle ensuring long lifespan. With safety lock prevents accidental ignition and a wide set base helps to prevent it falling over. Designed to make your home cooking much easier and allow you to prepare all delicious food in your life!
- 【CONTINUOUS FLAME MODE】Simple trigger-style ignition allows for using at any angle even upside down with effortless one hand operation. Press the button to light fire, turn the safety lock clockwise at the same time, then it will keep firing; turn the button counterclockwise, the flame goes out. Easy and precise manipulation.
- 【ADJUSTABLE&REFILLABLE】Adjustable temperature regulator for complete control of flame and allows flame temperature to reach up to 1300°C/2500°F to meet various needs. You can easily refill the torch with butane, just turn the torch upside down, and push the tip of the fuel can into the filling valve. Please ensure the butane canister has the LONG UNIVERSAL REFILL TIP.
- 【MULTIPLE USES】Ideal for caramelizing sugar atop creme brulee, glazing a baked ham, searing a steak, roasting bell peppers, melting cheese and toasting bread crumbs and soldering, brazing do-it-yourself jewelry or small metals. This butane culinary torch can also be used outdoors for barbecuing or camping or as a survival tool.
- 【100% SATISFACTION, Customer satisfaction is our top priority. If any reason you don't absolutely love this Blow Torch, please feel free to contact us, We'd listen to you and bring you the best experience.
Flexible 360° Reverse Use: Kollea Review
- VERSATILE KITCHEN BLOW TORCH LIGHTER - Kollea butane torch head can meet almost all your needs of caramelizing sugar atop creme brulee, baking, sous vide, searing meat and BBQ, as well as soldering, crafts, arts, painting, pastries, jewelry DIY and camping
- EASY OPERATION BUTANE TORCH HEAD - Just line the cylinder connector into the butane gas cartridge and push down slightly, then twist it clockwise till it is locked in place. Turn the flame adjustment knob to release gas and press the ignition button to light the torch
- FLEXIBLE 360° REVERSE USE - With its long nozzle and one-touch piezo ignition technology, it's safe to use this cooking torch upside down even with up to 1300℃/2500℉ flame temperature. You can djust the flame intensity as per your needs
- SHORT NOZZLE BUTANE FUEL CANISTER - Work with butane gas canister which has a metal ring around the top with about a 1/2" slit missing (Canister with a short nozzle and snap joint). Not for propane gas. Please turn off the torch head before replacing butane gas
- 100% WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: Kollea provides a 45-day money-back guarantee and 24-month warranty on this food torch, we always stands behind our products, please do not hesitate to contact us for any concerns
Durable Aluminum Alloy Body: Woputne Review
- Powerful Flame Gas Torch with Twistable Nozzle- flame temperature up to 1,300ºc. Light compact design, effortless one hand operation. Butane torch head can be rotated 180 degrees.
- Ideal for BBQ, lighting fire(camping/fire place), creating the finishing taste and color to dishes and desserts, such as caramelizing sugar atop creme brulee, melting cheese, toasting marshmallow and crisping joints of meat. Also Good for hobby, arts and DIY crafts projects, jewelry making, welding, soldering. (Note the metal melting point)
- Auto Ignition with Safety Lock- self-igniting with Piezo Ignition Technology and safety lock prevents accidental ignition. Unlock Safety Lock, Increase the flame, Press button to light fire, slide the Safety Lock to the right to lock fire. Then you release your hand, the fire will still keep igniting, finger free.
- Adjustable Flame Control - adjust the temperature regulator to completely control flame, up to 1300 °C/2372 °F.
- Refillable Torch- Refill the cooking torch with butane (BUTANE GAS ONLY), reusable. GAS IS NOT INCLUDED IN. Note - Please turn the safety lock toward "LOCK" to close flame torch and tune temperature regulator lowest, when you are not using it..
Suitable for Camping or Home Use: RONXS Review
- Double Flame Design - RONXS torch features a double flame function, which can enlarge the heating area and improve the heating effect. You could adjust double or single fire as needed without affecting the flame level.
- Flame Adjustment - Our Butane torch features an adjustable high output flame. The high intensity flame is suitable for torching steak prolly, barbecue, etc. The medium intensity does the great job for dessert, such as creme brulee. Having the fire set at low tends is good for lighting candles and fireworks.
- Continuous Flame Mode - Culinary torch has a flame lock-on for continuous hands-free operation. Press the button to ignite and lock the flame lock-on at same time then it will keep flame burning. Please keep the button “OFF” when not using it.
- Safe & Durable Brulee Torch - Adopted with heat resistant material(Ceramic+Zinc Alloy+ABS) so as to ensure long-lasting use; Ergonomic design provides comfort to your hand and protects your fingers from being burned. When not in use, please adjust the flame level to the minimum.
- Multipurpose & Convenient Portability - RONXS mini torch is light and easy to carry (L: 3.34 inch, H: 5.1inch), suitable for indoor and outdoor activities like searing a steak, roasting bell peppers, cremes brulee, and barbecue, grill, igniting fireplace, bonfire, art and craft applications.
Butan Torches Uses
Some of the best uses of the lighter we are discussing, are as follows:
- For minor repairs in the household, a butane lighter works great for melting and bending metallic rods, soldering plumbing pipes. They can also be used for welding and brazing metals and loosening rusty nails. Mini butane torches are perfect for indoor usage.
- In recent years, these are used for pyrography and welding for aesthetic purposes.
- Garages and workshops that deal with metals and alloys find great uses for these.
- Jewelers can find cost-effectively melt down precious metals, create molds, and fitting.
- In the kitchen, handheld butane torches are used to caramelize sugar and char or roast items. Mixologists and bartenders often use these to add a stylish touch to their drinks.
Butane vs Propane Torch
There are basically two groups of gases that are used for making lighters, namely- propane-butane mixtures and butane-propane mixtures.
The first group of gases contains n-butane, isobutane, and a decent amount of propane, around 5% to 35%. This variety burns with a flame of higher temperature and is also profitable for the brands. It is so because obtaining this mixture easier compared to pure butane. The lighters containing this gas are called propane lighters.
The second group of gases contains only isobutane and n-butane. This burns with a slightly lower temperature and is harder to obtain. The lighters made of this gas are known as butane torches.
Keep These Factors in Mind While Purchasing a Lighter
Before moving on to the best products available in the market, you need to keep in the two following factors:
- Ignition: The Butane torch ignited and extinguished instantly with the press of a switch, without the user having to worry about it heating or cooling down.
- Burning time: The burning time depends on the size of their gas cans and efficiency. A torch that consumes less fuel can be expected to burn for a longer time without intervals. Depending on their capacity, standard household ones can burn for almost 2 hours. Industrial-grades are designed to burn for longer periods, enough to melt down the hardest metals. Butane torch reviews show that they can burn for 3-5 hours.
- Safety lock: Safety locks that ensure the lighter is not ignited accidentally. This feature provides safety for all users and is child-proof. Safety locks prevent gas leakage and spontaneous explosion.
- Flame adjustment and temperature control: Flame adjustments allow you to adjust the flame intensity while using it to get the desired effect. Butane lighters can reach temperatures as high as 1430°C, so flame adjustment is necessary to work with the right temperature.
- Design: Design is an essential factor for the customer to keep in mind, depending on the purpose. Ergonomic designs are crucial so that they can be used in closed or small spaces without any hassle. Mini and micro-sized lighters are available that are portable.
Using a Butane Lighter
Are you wondering about the right steps of using the lighter? We have got you covered! Read below:
- Switching the unit on the left will enable gas flow
- When you hear the hissing of the gas flow, you may switch on ignition to produce flames
- Adjusting the lever from right to left will allow you to adjust the ignited flame
- Some models will let you keep the ignition on without having to keep pressing on the ignition switch
- Turning off the gas flow from the left will let you extinguish the flame
Safety Tips to Remember
Some of the best safety tips are as follows:
- It is advised that the user wears protective safety glasses and clothes made from a non-flammable, natural material
- It is safer to use them in open places with sufficient ventilation
- Fire extinguishers must be kept handy while using butane gas torches
Refilling a Butane Torch
You can easily refill your lighter with the steps below:
- For refillable butane torches, make sure the flame has been properly extinguished and the safety lock secure before proceeding.
- After you have shut off the gas flow, turn the gas can upside down to find the refill nozzle
- Shake to get the gas warm before inserting the tip of the cylinder into the nozzle to start refilling.
- Once the gas can have been refilled, clean the torch area and wait for five minutes before igniting the lighter.
Verdict and Recommendations 2022
Here are some of the best butane torches available in the market.
- Sondiko: The Sondiko lighter prides itself as one of the best handheld torches. It can go up to a temperature of 2500°F and has adjustable flame control, a safety lock, and a tabletop base.
- Iwatani PRO2: Known for its super high power, this can heat up to 2700°F. This is one of the best micro torches available.
- Power Probe PPMT: This has electronic ignition, reaching temperatures of 2500°F. It has an adjustable flame control, safety lock, and a tabletop base.
If you’re looking for more cost-effective alternatives, here are some of the cheap butane torches available in the market:
The best butane torch 2022 are carefully chosen from the butane lighters available in the market. Our experts have come up with butane torch reviews based on top brands and products. Which in your opinion is the best? Share your experiences with us!