Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Dual Flush Toilets: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: DeerValley Review
- [MODERN DESIGN]: Modern standard one piece toilet,sleek ADA height design---stylish, nice, great, terrific lines perfectly suitable for your modern design bathroom.
- [EASY TO CLEAN]: The white toilets glazed surface is self-cleaning, simplifying maintenance. It is very easy to reach for cleaning .Elongated one-piece toilet skirted design, easier to maintain versus a two-piece toilet.
- [Siphon Flushing]: Highly efficient dual-flush toilet allows you to proactively conserve water by selecting 0.8 GPF or higher(1.28gpf) for tougher jobs.Dual flush toilet fully glazed flush,Super-quiet and powerful flush with no clogs. Leak-proof.
- [Easy Install]: The toilet is easily installed,it can more Convenient.Two Sizes of Supply Line Inlet Hose,this toilet will come with a supply line connector(adapter) for you to connect the supply line and toilet. If your supply line size is 7/8", you could directly connect your water line to the toilet. If your supply line size is 1/2", please screw off the adapter, then connect it.
- [All-In-One Package]: Package includes toilet, pre-installed soft closing toilet seat, pre-installed flush valve, high-quality wax ring, floor bolts, and also installation instruction.
Modern and Compact: HOROW Review
- 【Modern Design】Modern compact one-piece toilet. This toilet is smaller and shorter than a standard toilet, so it perfectly fits small bathrooms. The toilet seat is 2” shorter than a standard elongated toilet seat.
- 【Siphon-Flushing】 Highly efficient dual-flush toilet allows you to proactively conserve water by selecting 0.8 GPF or higher(1.28gpf) for tougher jobs. Dual flush toilet fully glazed flush, Super-quiet, and powerful flush with no clogs. Leak-proof.
- 【Easily Installed With All-in-one Package】Two big installation access on the side allows the plumber to install this toilet much easier. Package includes toilet, soft closing toilet seat, pre-installed flush valve, high-quality wax ring, floor bolts, and also installation instruction.
- 【Two Sizes of Supply Line Inlet Hose】If your supply line size is 1/2", you could directly connect your water line to the toilet. If your supply line size is U.S standard 7/8", please screw off the adapter, then connect it. (Supply line must be purchased separately )
- 【Upgraded Package】The toilet was very well packed and encased well in styrofoam to prevent being damaged during shipping. No worrying and hassle.
Soft Closing Seat: WOODBRIDGE Review
- [LUXURIOUS MODERN DESIGN]: Luxurious Modern Design one piece toilet , Clean, sleek look and compliment with different styles like modern , craftsman , traditional and etc.
- [EASIEST TO CLEAN TOILET]: WOODBRIDGE toilets are the easiest to clean on the market, with a completely smooth, easy to wipe down surface. With our fully concealed trap-way, there are no bends or corners to gather dust. Also, no large mounting holes or ugly plastic caps to be seen.
- [QUITE & POWERFUL FLUSHING]: Siphon Flushing one piece toilet, Fully glazed flush system , bringing a super quiet and powerful flushing - NO clogs, NO leaks, and NO problem
- [Map Flush 1000 Grams]: Best Maximum Performance Flush score of 1000 grams. Highly Recommended Map Scoring Toilet
- [COMFORT DESIGN]: Comfort Height Design, Chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults
Universal Height: Toto Review
- High efficiency 1.28 gallons per flush with powerful TOTO Tornado Flush system
- CEFIONTECT glaze gives the bowl a lubricious quality that prevents particles from adhering
- Universal Height allows for a more comfortable seat position across a wide range of users
- SoftClose seat included
- ADA, WaterSense, CALGreen, and CEC compliant
Siphon Jet Bowl Technology: American Standard Review
- Chrome plated top mounted push button actuator
- Seats sold separately
- EverClean surface included to help keep the bowl cleaner, longer
- Dual flush 0.92/1.28 gpf H2Option
- Siphon jet bowl technology with PowerWash rim provides optimal UHET performance
Elongated Concealed Trapway: GALBA Review
- WHITE Color - 12" Rough-in (PLEASE CHECK BEFORE BUYING)
- One piece design and Self-Cleaning glazed surface would not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor
- Dual Siphonic Flush. 16.5" Comfort Height. cUPC and MaP flush score of 300.
- Slow closing nesting toilet seat (plastic) included
- IMPORTANT - Check verify rough-in to be at least 12" so this fits. RETURN Policy - Customer is responsible for shipping BOTH ways and 10% restocking fee.
Highly Recommend: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever Review
Swiss Madison Well Made Forever
- Modern design, clean, sleek look and compliment with different styles
- Fully skirted trapway - extremely easy to clean
- Sleek and eye appealing modern design
- Soft closing seat included
- Special holes to reach the bolts - includes bolt caps and wax ring
Easy Clean: Fine Fixtures Review
- High-efficiency dual-flush (6lpf/4.1lpf). - Soft closing seat - prevent slamming
- Nice glazed surface inhibits the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew on the surface.
- R&T cUPC certified water flush valve.
- Rounded siphon action bowl.
- 2" Fully-glazed trapway. - Dual flush water saver
Best Brand: Swiss Madison Review
- Dual flush with high-performance gravity 0 8 / 1 28 gallon per flush (gpf)
- Seamless porcelain one-piece with an easy-to-clean design
- Compact bowl ensures plenty of room for comfort in small spaces
- Soft Closing Seat closes gently and quietly
- Quick-Release seat can be unlatched from the toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning no tools required
Class Five Flush System: KOHLER Review
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Two piece toilet; Does not include the Seat; (Image is only an representation of the complete item)
- Round front bowl offers an ideal solution for smaller baths and powder rooms
- Left hand nested trip lever offers a choice of 1.1 or 1.6 Gallons per flush
- 2 1/8 Inch glazed trap way
What is Meant by a Dual Flush Toilet?
The dual flush toilet is the one that comes with two different buttons or handles for flushing different quantities of water. The revolutionary ideas around water consumption and conservation lead to the invention of this system in Japan in 1960. The first models included separate levers and an in-built hand-washer, the water from which could be recycled for another use. Over time, they have been widely popularized across the globe. Later, the design was remodeled for more practical use, and the water usage was cut down to 6 and 3 liters from 11 and 5.5 liters respectively. Let us discuss more this bathroom product!
The Work Mechanism of These Urinals
The initial designs of these urinals incorporated a lever system and had to be operated by siphon valves rather than push-buttons. The full flush released water that amounted to about 6 liters. The half flush releases about 3 liters, and can be released immediately after flushing.
The lever system was replaced with the push button system over time. The push-button differed from the lever in the sense that it depended on gravity in terms of waste removal, unlike the siphon valves in the lever system. For dual flush toilets, this was a bonus as the system also saves water. The toilet bowl or cistern has two buttons for separate waterlines. The greater is of about 1.6 gallons, meant for solid waste removal. The lesser button releases 0.8 gallons per flush. High-efficiency dual-flush toilets can easily clean the bowl faster, and better. Most comfortable toilet seats are provided with tipping bucket cisterns that can be operated by rotating the lever.
Single vs Dual Flush Urinals: Comparison
||Two (half and full)
||Public use, family use
||Nuclear family use
| Technology used
If you need a toilet for public use, then you should definitely go for the single one. However, for family use, we would recommend you to buy a top toilet with a dual flush. Both are good in their own places, but the dual technology is a bit costlier.
Overall Pros and Cons
Double flush toilets come both with advantages and disadvantages. Today, we are going to share it all with you. Read below!
- They help in saving water. Hence, it is an eco-friendly model.
- These urinal systems clog less compared to the other systems. Therefore, it is easy to clean.
- They look very stylish and increase the elegance of the bathroom.
- The dual flush round toilet comes with a powerful water force.
- The double flushing toilet is a bit pricey.
- Installing and cleaning this urinal is a bit difficult.
What to Look For When Buying Dual Flush Toilet?
The three types of dual flushing toilet are:
- One-piece: In a one-piece dual flush toilet, the tank and bowl are placed in a single unit. These urinals are easy to maintain as they have fewer crannies and nooks. Owing to this, there is much less space for bacterial growth in this model.
- Two-piece: Here, the toilet bowl and the tank are placed in separate units. This, too, is easy to repair. There are more models of this type on the market, and most of them are available at a low price. This dual flushing toilet is better compared to the one-piece because it has more sizes and higher affordability.
- Wall-mounted: In both, the models discussed above, the tank and the bowl are visible in the walls. But in this one, these parts are hidden behind the wall. With this system, you can also decide the height between the floor and the bidet toilet seat.
Flushing technology is one of the most vital factors of the best dual flush toilet. If you choose the pressure-assisted system, it combines the pressure of the water with that of the air. Even though this process is a bit noisy, it helps in saving water and provides effective flushing. Another technology is the gravity system. It works on the concept of gravity by using the weight of the water for the flushing pressure. This system costs less and does not produce much noise.
Most brands manufacture urinals that use 1.6 gallons per flush. There are a few EPA certified brands that produce toilets that use 1.28 gallons of water. EPA Water Sense is a certificate given to those brands that manufacture urinals that use 80% or less than 1.6 gallons of water. You need to check this parameter before buying the product.
If you are willing to pay more, then there are some awesome special features that you can enjoy. A few of them include touchless flush, self-cleaning, overflow prevention, heated seats, and so on.
As per our experts’ dual flush toilet reviews, the best brands on the market are:
- Kohler: This brand produces multiple bathrooms and kitchen products. It is known for the sleek designs, great usability, and superb reviews from previous customers.
- Renovators Supply Manufacturing: They are known for the two-piece urinals of traditional style. Their produce high-quality products with abundant, lucrative features.
- American Standard: They produce both modern and traditional urinals. You will find multiple affordable models under this brand.
- Toto: This brand manufactures toilet with a dual flush at all prices. It is a great company for buying one-piece urinals.
Verdict and Recommendations 2021
We hope this guide has helped you know a lot about the best dual flush toilet 2021. This urinal has some awesome benefits, as discussed above, and it is totally worth the money. The experts in our team who write dual flush toilet reviews also believe the same. So, when will you buy this urinal? Do tell us!