Every hunter knows that to maintain a weapon in good condition, it is imperative to take care of it, clean and lubricate it. Only due to correct maintenance, the weapon will serve for a long time and will not let you down at a crucial moment. The best gun cleaning kit will become a good assistant for the care of guns.
Let's see what is included in best gun cleaning kit? Sets vary, and they are all differently equipped. The standard set includes a ramrod, a few ruffs, and a wool puff. Ramrod of best gun cleaning kit can be made of different materials: aluminum, steel or brass. The purpose of the ramrod is cleaning the barrel after shooting and its subsequent lubrication. Two-three and more ruffs included into best gun cleaning kit will eliminate even the most persistent dirt. Materials of brushes are steel, copper, and even plastic. Their task is to remove powder from the barrel, which occurs after firing from a gun. The main purpose of puff is to remove residual oil from the barrel.
In addition to standard best gun cleaning kit, it is possible to find a universal set that additionally contains wisher, napkins, and threaded adapters. And, of course, don’t forget about lubricating oils, cleansers, and the case.
As you see, there are many options, and it is necessary to make the right choice. Today you will learn everything about guns cleaning and will easily pick a kit for your gun.
If you really want to take proper care of your guns, it’s high time to choose cleaners that will help to remove all the dirt from weapons and protect them from corrosion. We tested multiple cleaning kits and prepared detailed informative reviews that will help to make the right choice. In addition, we’ll mention our top pick – best gun cleaning kit 2021.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Gun Cleaning Kits: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Highest Quality Kit - Otis Technology Elite Kit Review
Otis Technology Elite Kit
- Cleans all rifles/pistols/shotguns/inline muzzleloaders with 100% cotton 2” & 3” patches, 3 slotted tips & 2 patch savers
- 16 firearm specific bronze bore brushes with size marked on brush stem (.17, .22 limited breech, .22/.223, .243-.260, .270/7mm, .30-06/.300/30-30/.308, .338-.35, .357-38cal/9mm, .40/10mm, .44/.45, .50cal, .410ga, 28ga, 20ga, 16ga, 12/10ga)
- 8”, 12” and 36” aircraft grade Memory-Flex cables and thread connector for proper Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning
- Small & large obstruction removers knock out mud, snow, stuck casings and double as a t-handle base for included t-handle; small t-handle & stud included for small caliber cleaning
- .223cal/5.56mm chamber brush, pin punch, end brush, straight pick, locking lug scraper, scraper, short AP brush, double end AP brush and male & female rod for more precise cleaning
Great Value: #1 Best Seller In Gun Brushes - GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit Review
GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
- All-in-one: Universal cleaning accessory kit for used for all types of shotguns, rifles and pistol cleaning. All you need to clean common caliber guns in a compact case. Our case is designed to keep the pieces in their place, we also included 2 spaces to put you cleaning oil and solvent.
- No Cheap Plastic: All our slotted tips and cleaning jags are made of high quality nylon plastic. Sets from other brands use cheap plastic tips that can easily break after two uses. With this set you will not experience the frustration of having a broken jag/tip inside your gun barrel.
- Helpful & Portable: Keep your guns performing at their best by utilizing this cleaning/maintenance kit. Everything is kept neat and organized in the lightweight durable plastic carrying case.
- Package:3 solid brass rods for 17-270 caliber rifles; 3 solid brass rods for 30 caliber rifles, pistols, shotguns and muzzleloaders; In addition the Universal Gun Cleaning Kit also has 14 brushes; 9 mops; 12 spear-pointed jags; 1 black powder jag; 4 slotted patch loops; 3 utility brushes; 3 muzzle guards; 3 accessory adapters; 50 3×3" cleaning patches and 4 polishing clothes.
- Some of the accessories are consumable, so we prepare multiple accessories in our California warehouse. If you have any problems while using, please contact us, we'll be glad to help you.
Sturdy Materials: Raiseek Handgun Cleaning Kit Review
Raiseek Handgun Cleaning Kit
- Gun Cleaning kit Includes: .22Cal., .357Cal./.38Cal./9MM, .40Cal., and .45Cal. phosphor bronze bore brushes and brass jags, large and small bronze slotted tips, 50 pcs gun cleaning patches, nylon brush, metal gun cleaning pick and nylon coated flex cable
- Zippered Compact Storage Case: Keeps everything neatly organized; Holds all the necessary cleaning kits; Case sized: 6.5" x 3.7" x 1.6";17 Pieces pistol cleaning kit in a high performance zippered organized pouch bag
- Insert Tray: A quality durable gun maintenance kit case whose design is that holding an insert tray containing gun cleaning tools; They are clearly labeled and snap securely into place keeping things organized
- Quality 10.5" Rifle Cleaning Rod: 2 Piece 5.25" brass cleaning rods thread together to form a 10.5" rod; The nylon coated flex cable makes feeding the brushes into a barrel very easy
- Stainless Steel Cleaning Pick: Stainless steel picks helps to clean stubborn areas on your firearm
Pro Grade: Allen Company Ultimate Universal Weapon Gun Cleaning Kit Review
Allen Company Ultimate Universal Weapon Gun Cleaning Kit
- Professional grade cleaning kit in a tool box for storage
- Includes components for standard rifle/pistol calibers plus 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and . 410 bore shotguns
- Components include bronze brushes, brass jags, cotton swabs, brass slotted tips, brass adapters, muzzle guards, cleaning rods, pick, cleaning brushes, and cotton patches
- 65 cleaning tools/supplies - see details in product description below
- 15" x 10" x 8. 75" tool box with dual latches
Best For Handguns: Hoppe's Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit Review
Great Basic Kit: Real Avid Handgun Cleaning Combo Review
Real Avid Handgun Cleaning Combo
- INCREDIBLE VALUE: includes Handgun Smart Mat, Gun Boss Handgun, and 500 cleaning patches- 3 extremely popular Real Avid gun cleaning products
- HANDGUN SMART MAT: 19" x 16" ingenious, oil and solvent resistant, gun cleaning mat that keeps cleaning organized and work surfaces protected
- PARTS TRAY ATTACHED TO THE MAT: the lightly padded pistol mat includes a small parts tray that has a magnetic section for storing small parts
- GUN BOSS HANDGUN CLEANING KIT: a pistol cleaning kit that is completely contained in the weather proof, zippered, ballistic nylon case
- IMPORTANT GUN CLEANING SUPPLIES INCLUDED: 9" handgun cleaning rod, .22, .357/.38/9MM. .40, and .45 phosphor bronze brushes and nylon jags, 2 nylon slotted tips, 250 large cleaning patches, 250 small cleaning patches
Compact: GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit with Travel Size Case Review
GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit with Travel Size Case
- ALL BRASS: GLORYFIRE slotted tips and cleaning jags are made of high quality brass. Sets from other brands use cheap plastic tips that can easily break after two uses. With this set you will not experience the frustration of having a broken jag/tip inside your gun barrel.
- RESISTANT CLEANING RODS: GLORYFIRE rods and extension are made of brass, strong enough to avoid excessive bending or breaking. Just be sure to apply the proper amount of force and you will swipe through the barrel without problems.
- 6 Solid Brass Rods: 3 solid brass rods for 17-270 caliber rifles, 3 solid brass rods for 30 caliber rifles, pistols, shotguns and muzzleloaders, 9 bronze brushes, 5 mops, 6 spear-pointed jags, 2 accessory adapters, 2 slotted patch loops, 50 3×1.5" cleaning patches
- 6 Spear pointed jags to fit: .17 / 4.39mm / 5mm / .20 / .204 ; .22 / .221 /.223 / .224 / 5.7mm / .225 ; .270 / 6.8mm / .280 / 7mm ; .30 / 7.62mm / 7.63mm / .307 / 7.82mm / .308; .35 / .356 / .357 / .38 / .380 ACP / 9mm ; .40 / 10mm / .416
- Some accessories are consumables, if there're some problems while using, please contact us, we'll be glad to help you.
Sturdy & Secure Case: Real Avid Universal Cleaning Kit Review
Real Avid Universal Cleaning Kit
- KEEP YOUR GUN CLEANING KIT ORGANIZED AND PROTECTED: Forget the cheapo, spill-prone, gun cleaning kits of the past, the Gun Boss Pro Universal is clearly labeled and keeps each part in its place. Shake it. Slam it. Do what you wish. This is one tough case that keeps your gun cleaning supplies organized.
- GRAB ONTO THE HANDLE OF INNOVATION: This is so much more than just a handle, the 3-function, game-changing handle will make your hand love you. It has a tap hammer surface for punching pins, a rotating receiver for cleaning rifling, and a fixed receiver for detail cleaning.
- SPEND LESS TIME SCREWING AROUND WITH MULTIPLE RODS AND ADAPTERS: The one, 3-section, 32 inch brass gun cleaning rod works for .22 caliber to 12 gauge guns. It’s simple, one rod for all your guns. Screw the rods together once, attach them to the handle, and don’t worry about screwing around with adapters.
- JAGS AND SLOTTED TIPS MADE OF A TOUGH NYLON MATERIAL: Think you need brass jags and slotted tips to be tough? Think again. The Gun Buss Pro Universal has 2 slotted tips and .22 to .45 caliber jags made of a durable nylon material.
- BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: No, this isn’t some infomercial, this is the real deal and value is the name of the gun cleaning game. Also included: 50 gun cleaning patches, pegboard holes for mounting the case, phosphor bronze cleaning brushes, shotgun cleaning mops, and each component has 8-32 threads.
Well-Organized: DAC Winchester Gun Care Case Review
DAC Winchester Gun Care Case
- Custom fitted Winchester EVA soft sided case
- Removable handoliers and accessory pouches
- Machined aluminum handle
- Winchester super deluxe cleaning kit
- 68 Piece Set
Plenty Of Room: REMINGTON Hunting Cleaning Kit Review
REMINGTON Hunting Cleaning Kit
- Rem Squeeg-E removes all dislodged barrel debris in just one pass
- Sturdy, coated Rem Flex Rod Cables help protect barrel finish
- Machine-washable Rem Pad (28"" x 12") velcro'ed in the bag protects surface and stores easily
- Rem All In Bore Cleaner offers high-performance on carbon, plastic, lead and copper fouling
- Essential Tools: 2 large cleaning brushes, brush revolver adapter and gun cloth
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Gun Cleaning Kits
How to choose the best gun cleaning kit
Gun kits are indispensable tools for hunters. They are useful for any type of weapon. Let’s learn how to find and to choose the best gun cleaning kit.
Today there is a wide choice of best gun cleaning kits that will fit any budget requirements. Remember that cheap sets are not the best solution because they are usually sold with cheap brushes of low quality. It means that they can get broken quickly and can even damage your guns. It is recommended to choose kits with a value for the money. They will save your time and efforts. There are a lot of models among the medium-priced category, but in order to make the right choice, you need to examine what are the tools included. At the same time, nobody guarantees that all expensive kits will provide high-quality equipment for gun cleaning. So pay special attention to brand and reviews from clients.
Quality of Materials
Materials and their quality always matter. If your kit contains details made of plastic, it won’t serve you for a long time. Of course, they are not expensive, but it is better to pay once that to buy the same set within a short period of time. The main recommendation is to give preference to sets that contain tools made of plastic and metal. Those that are fully equipped with metal tools are more expensive but they guarantee high quality and exceptional durability.
Each set of the best gun cleaning kit is equipped with different accessories. But pay attention only to those that are really useful and show good results. Start your research with a solvent as it should be able to remove dirt and carbon. One more thing that should be included is a degreaser that cleans moving parts from oils. To protect your gun from corrosion, use lubricants in the cleanup. There are also means that guarantee water-resistance. Brushes are also very important accessories. Here it is better to give preference to metal brushes as they are more effective in cleaning. Plastic brushes can get broken just after you make the first movement with them, so their metal analogs are more promising. These are not all accessories that can be included in the best gun cleaning kit but are the most important ones.
Choose kits that come with a special box or a bag. In this way, you will be able to move it from one place to another, and all your accessories will be well organized. The high-quality bag should be water and weather-resistant and should protect metal accessories from corrosion.
Types Of Best Gun Cleaning Kit
Kits for cleaning weapons after a successful hunt can be very different. Their varieties depend on the type of weapon that was used during the hunt. So, you can select a universal set to clean weapons, a set for cleaning air weapons, a set for cleansing rifles, etc. That is, your choice will depend entirely on the type and characteristics of the gun used.
Air Weapon Cleaning Kit
Pneumatics are cleaned using a collapsible type ramrod with a convenient plastic handle. Also in a set for cleansing pneumatic weapons, there is an oiler made of plastic and several varieties of brushes (special replaceable nozzles) for internal barrel cleanup. Ramrod consists of three parts, each of which is about 26 cm in length. Based on gun cleaning kit reviews, brushes made of plastic and brass are designed to rid barrels of dirt and gunpowder and lead residues. A brush with a fabric base involves the final purification, which is accompanied by lubrication of the inside of the barrel.
Rifle Cleaning Kit
The following type of kit is presented with tools for riffle cleanup. This kit also contains a three-legged ramrod, three types of cleaning nozzles (brushes made of bronze and nylon, as well as a brush-puff). There is also a special container for lubricating oil.
This set contains all tools necessary for clean up any type of weapon. There are a ramrod for cleaning rifled and smooth-bore weapons, an adapter, and a handle for three-knee ramrod brushes made of copper and wool. They allow you to clean sixteen different-sized hunting rifles. In addition, there are special cleansing wipes for a gun. That is, a universal gun cleaning kit allows you to use its tools on almost any type of gun or pistol.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2021
Now with a homemakerguide review you know that weapons always require careful maintenance – whether it is collectible, sports, hunting or any other. And it is very good when all elements for care are collected in one portable best gun cleaning kit. Taking into account the results of our research, Otis Technology Elite Kit is the best gun cleaning kit 2021. It can be taken with you to the camp, at the shooting range, or stored at home. This best gun cleaning kit is ideal for cleaning weapons of many calibers, including rifled from 0.17 to 0.50 and smooth-bore from 410 to 10. Also, this best gun cleaning kit by Otis Technology consists of more than forty items in a nylon case with a lock. It comes with 22 brass high-quality brushes, 6 flexible cables, tools for disassembling critical parts of weapons, patches, grease, barrel cleaning fluid, adapters, etc. What is rather important, if you choose this best gun cleaning kit, you will be able to use it at any conditions as it is not bulky and doesn’t take a lot of space.