Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Best Router Lift 2021: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: KREG Precision Router Lift PRS5000
KREG Precision Router Lift I
- Allows precise above-the-table setup changes for table-mounted routers
- Above-table collet access allows fast, easy, above-table bit changes
- 3⁄8" x 9 1⁄4" x 11 3⁄4" (9.5 mm x 235mm x 298mm) Hard-anodized aluminum plate won’t Sag, resists scratches
- Fits all Kreg Router tables and many competitive brands
- Bearing-guided carriage provides smooth operation
Highly Recommend: JessEm Rout-R-Lift II For 3-1/2 Diameter Motors
JessEm Rout-R-Lift II
- 8.8 pounds Product
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 11.75 x 10.1 inches
- THIS MODEL IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH PC 690/890, BOSCH 1617/1618, DEWALT 610/618/616, CRAFTSMAN 1754/17540/28190
Multiple Router Sizes: Incra Mast-R LiftII-R Designed for Rockler Tables
Incra Mast-R LiftII-R
- Adjust the height of your router bit without having to reach below the table, or remove the router plate. Just slip in the lift crank and wind it up or down!
- Exclusive INCRA MagnaLOCK reducing ring system for instant ring changes and perfect ring fit
- Quickly make super precise, 0.001" height adjustments from above
- Exclusive ball bearing mechanism for super smooth action and low friction
- Ultra-responsive, direct drive 16TPI lift screw mechanism
Exclusive Cam Locking System: Mast-R-Lift II - JessEm 02121 Router Lift, 8-1/4-Inch by 11-3/4
Mast-R-Lift II - JessEm 02121t
- Exclusive Cam Locking System
- Double sealed bearing construction
- Bit Changes above the table for all routers
- Machined from 3/8-Inch solid aluminum and Hard Anodized for durability
- Fits most fixed base routers on the market today
Free Delivery: SawStop Router Lift Four-Post Router Lift with Lock
SawStop Router Lift Four-Post
- Maximum Router diameter: 4 1/4"
- Minimum Router diameter: 3 1/4"
- Phenolic insert ring diameter: 3 3/4"
- Router reducer collars (included): 3 1/4" & 3 1/2"
Easy to Use: Rockler Pro Lift Router Lift 8-1/4' x 11-3/4' plate
Rockler Pro Lift Router Lift (8-1/4'' x 11-3/4'' plate)
- 2018 Wood Magazine Innov8 Award winner
- Indexed marks on the fine adjustment screw let you raise the bit by a specific increment with the naked eye
- Includes one insert ring with a 1-1/2'' opening; additional inserts and zero clearance insert assembly sold separately
- 3/8'' thick machined aluminum plate and heavy-duty steel constructed guide posts with bronze bushings—designed for demanding daily use
- Push the button to release the insert ring for fast bit changes—no tools to search for; no screws to lose
The Best Router Lift Buyer’s Guide
What Exactly is a Router Lift?
A router table lift is basically a mounting plate for a router table, which holds the carriage. Also, it helps to adjust its height. Routing becomes quite tricky without this tool. Hence, we would recommend you buy it for a smooth routing process.
What is the Work Mechanism of the Tool?
The tool’s mounting plate is moved with the help of a removable handle provided with the tool. Using the handle, you can easily lower and raise the carriage to the exact height you want. The working of the tool is very easy and can be mastered by anyone.
Benefits of the Equipment
As said before, an electric or wood router lift is a handy piece of equipment for woodworkers. In case you are wondering which benefits we are talking about, read below to find out:
- Solid base: The tool has a solid base plate that is more stable and stronger than the carriage’s regular insert plates. When you use a stable base, the machine’s vibration is far less, and the routing is processed more effectively.
- Accurate height: The equipment comes with a ball bearing system, which is a smooth device helpful for adjusting height smoothly. You can even raise or lower the height to fractions. Even then also the height is adjusted perfectly.
- Easy to use: One of the primary reasons why people love a cheap router lift is because it is easy to install and has an easy work mechanism. It makes the routing far easier compared to the traditional method.
- Standard mount: Most of these lifts have a standard mount system with pre-drilled holes. Even if there are no holes, you can easily drill them and fit the lift.
Are you still wondering whether or not you should be buying the best router lift system? If yes, then let us assure you that it is totally worth the money. It will help you a lot in routing and make the process less tiresome.
Things to Consider While Choosing the Best Router Lift
The electric router lift you buy must fit the carriage you own. You should follow the manufacturer’s recommendation because they suggest the best lift for every model. Our experts suggest that if you own a carriage that is very powerful or big, then do not buy a small lift. It is so because in that case the tool will either fail to fit or will not reduce the vibration. Hence, make sure you buy the right size for a better experience.
The construction of any tool plays a vital role. You should not go for the ones that are made of cheap plastic because they will break in a short span. Prefer investing in a motorized router lift that is made of heavy-duty metals like cast iron, aluminum, and steel. We would recommend you to go for the fixed one between fixed and plunge types as it offers more accuracy.
Make sure you buy an electric or woodworking router that provides a smooth height adjusting facility. The one with the ball bearing technology is considered the best for accurate height adjustment. Also, make sure the tool allows you to change the height gradually.
As per our expert router lift reviews, it is difficult to use a heavy tool. Therefore, it will be best if you buy a lightweight lift.
If you are planning to use the tool regularly, then go for the expensive one. However, if you are going to use it occasionally, then narrow down the features and buy a more affordable best router lift for the money.
Some of the brands that make the best router lift are as follows:
- Kreg: Their router lift has a micro-adjusting wheel, which helps to adjust height accurately. The brand is excellent for those who want an easy-to-install tool.
- Rockler: It has quick gear that allows speedy adjustments. You can use the snap-lock feature to release the ring automatically.
- Woodpeckers: It is a perfect brand for heavy woodworking projects. The tool manufactured by them comes with a wrench for smooth lift.
Some of the maintenance tips for the best router lift are:
- Purchase the right size of the tool so that it is compatible with the carriage table.
- Make sure your tool has a dust collecting system within it. This will make the cleaning process much easier.
- Even if the equipment has an inbuilt duster, make sure you clean it on your own too. Clean the inner portions in bit depth for durability.
- Prefer buying a tool made of top-rated heavy metal and router bits.
Verdict and Recommendations 2021
We hope this guide has helped you know a lot about the best router lift 2021. Make sure you keep our tips in mind and choose a brand from our recommendation for the best purchase. The tool is made in a manner that you can make the detailed adjustment with ease. Hence, it is a brilliant tool that must be owned by all who have a router table in their possession. So, when will you purchase the tool? Do tell us!