Surely, nowadays a house just cannot be called a home if it features no Internet access. This global network, which connects homes and offices, also connects souls and loving hearts. Doubtlessly, without this vital feature, even the best house stays comfortless.
However, quite often we rely on those devices that are unable to guarantee us this connection. In truth, the back-ends of routers are not always easy to access or to re-configure some significant options. Simple access to the best wifi router is a feature that must be of interest not only to geeks but also to all ordinary. For example, quite often we need to know the IP address of our device or make some changes in its settings, avoiding complicated ways of doing it.
However, the progress is moving on. The leading manufacturers have added a touch screen to the latest models of routers. The idea is that you can obtain full access to all its options and customize them exactly the way you wish.
Need a personal alarm signal? Wish to install parental control filters to protect your kids? No problem. With this smart device, you can do it in just a few simple clicks.
Surely, modern touchscreen Wi-Fi routers have all the functions you may need. If you have any questions or wish to buy the best model, our shopping advice will show you the way.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best wifi routers: comparison table
Obviously, you need the best model of modern best wifi router and you need it right now. Thus, we have prepared reviews of all notable devices that can be of interest to you. Here are five models each of which has a unique set of advantages.
Despite the fact that these models are quite different in functions and design, they have one thing in common – these are the first-class routers from the most reliable and innovative manufacturers. This means you can choose freely, knowing that your new best wifi router, whatever it may be, will not disappoint you.
Best Overall: Fastest Performance - NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router Review
NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with AC2300 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 35 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1GHz processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- Usb connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
Intergrated USB Ports: Most Reliable - TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Review
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet (450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
Enhanced Parental Controls: D-Link AC1900 WiFi Router Review
D-Link AC1900 WiFi Router
- [AC1900 WiFi Speeds with MU-MIMO] Stream your favorite movies or play games with your friends. The DIR-1950 has plenty of bandwidth along with fast AC1900 dual band Wi-Fi, MU-MIMO and Smart Connect for a smooth, buffer-free online experience.
- [D-Link WiFi Mesh] Expand your coverage from the bedroom to the kitchen and even the backyard. D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh makes it easy to mix-and-match with compatible D-Link extenders for your own customized mesh network.
- [More Processing Power] A powerful dual-core processor sits at the heart of your router, accelerating every thread and application with strong performance throughout your network.
- [Better Range with AC Smartbeam] Seamlessly stream video, play games, surf the web, and even voice chat with friends. Four high-performance external antennas and AC SmartBeam technology deliver stronger Wi-Fi coverage to every device in your home.
- [Reliable Gigabit Wired Performance] Connect four devices to enjoy a strong and reliable wired connection with minimal latency - perfect for connecting Android boxes, smart TVs and game consoles.
High Speeds For Multiple Devices: TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart WiFi Router Review
TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz + 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
Quad Core Processor: ASUS Wireless AC1700 Dual Band Gigabit Router Review
ASUS Wireless AC1700 Dual Band Gigabit Router
- Concurrent Dual band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC1700 wireless router with the latest 802. 11ac MU MIMO (4T4R) technology for data transfer speeds up to 1700 Mbps
- Quad core processor with 256MB ram optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 0 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Mu Mimo (3x3) delivers full speed for multiple devices by connecting multiple MU MIMO compatible clients at each device's maximum Wi Fi speed simultaneously
- AiRadar Beamforming technology with 4 fixed antennas for stronger wireless coverage
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network based events
Tri Band Technology: Linksys Tri-Band WiFi Router for Home Review
Linksys Tri-Band WiFi Router for Home
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band technology delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
For Minimizing Dead Zones: NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System Review
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
- Tri-band backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- Works with all internet providers replace your existing wi-fi router and extender separate modem or gateway required compatible with any internet provider including cable satellite fiber DSL and more
- Wired Ethernet port & fast wireless speed 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and AC2200 Wi-Fi powers up to 22 Gbps of streaming HD video gaming or Internet surfing and downloads
- Parental controls Pause device internet access, view site history, usage and filter websites for free Set online time limits schedule device internet access and more for 499 month 1st month free trial
- Advanced cyber threat protection NETGEAR armor powered by bitdefender is network wide anti virus anti malware, fraud, phishing ransomware security on an unlimited of devices for a 30 day free trial 6999 a year
OFDMA Technology: TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router Review
TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag.
Easy To Set Up: Amazon eero WiFi router Review
Amazon eero WiFi router
- Fast standalone router - The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Easily expand your system - With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
Advanced Protection: ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-Mimo Review
ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-Mimo
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The best wifi router
How to choose The best wifi router?
Without a shadow of a doubt, choosing a router is a vital choice. In fact, it is not just a smart device, but rather a crucial element of your network, which regulates the quality of your work, leisure time, and communications. Needless to say, that by sacrificing the quality of your network performance, you are setting yourself up for a lot of problems. Thus, let’s look closer at the most significant nuances you must not miss when choosing yourself a new router.
Large signal coverage
Surely, you will not like to be chained to your access point, no matter how convenient it may be. After all, this is why wireless technologies have been invented – to present you freedom of movement. On the other hand, you must understand that a standard router is not a telecommunications tower – it would be unfair to demand too much.
Thereby, it is highly recommended to choose a router, which provides large signal coverage. In fact, one of the best choices is a multifunctional model that works both as a router and a range extender.
It is commonplace to state that every electronic device must be trouble-free and easy to use. Albeit, routers require special attention because a broken router will make all other Internet-dependent devices merely useless. Check the reliability of the router by examining critical reviews written by other customers, ask support services about potential dysfunctions and pay special attention to its technical specifications.
Surely, this does not mean that you have to become an IT-professional before buying a new electronic tool. Nevertheless, confidence in the correctness of your choice is a rare and extremely valuable treasure.
Useful apps and special control features
Obviously, you wish to monitor and control all devices, which are connected to the Internet through your network. Modern routers with integrated device-control features will allow you to customize your network, re-configure some specific options, add or remove any devices you consider necessary.
Furthermore, being an Internet user, you surely wish to obtain a chance to protect your kids from objectionable content. In this case, a router with integrated parental control is exactly what you need. Choose a correct device and install customized protection in just a few clicks.
A few other features to think over
Of course, this list of useful tips is just an approximate guide. In practice, each concrete client seeks some special features, attempting to maximize the presence of the most important ones and forgetting about those that are of little interest.
Thus, before looking for an exact model, you should decide what features are most important to you. Next, depending on your choice, you can decide what router is the best: multifunctional or elegantly simple, a model with increased signal
or a device, which improves the network performance.
Surely, this does not mean that you cannot find a model, which combines all these features. However, many customers prefer models with distinct characteristics, ignoring the balanced ones. Therefore, among other significant characteristics, it is recommendable to check the router’s compatibility with other routers and platforms, know more about its administration in order to gain confidence that it can be easily installed and so on.
On the other hand, most of the modern routers come with pretty much the same durability. Thus, it is nothing to worry about if you consider your choice wrong – there is always an opportunity to replace it with a better one.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2021
Obviously, this review analyzes only the tip of the iceberg of what is called a modern market. In fact, a great majority of the reviewed samples can be considered more than satisfactory for normal use. Surely, you may require some specific models with exotic functions, appearance, design or specially elaborated apps.
However, this is not a great problem either. The modern IT market releases several new devices every month, thus, you will definitely find the one that suits you most. As long as you know what exactly you need, you will be able to find it without worries. Overall, we at homemakerguide highlighted some special areas, which should be considered relevant when choosing a new router and being guided by your taste and these concise shopping tips, you will find a satisfying model. Now, it is time to make a choice and bestow yourself a device you’ve been waiting for.