Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Garage Dehumidifier: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Review
Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier
- Our "Moisture Maniac" dehumidifier is rated to remove 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Rating Standard) of moisture per day and is ideal for medium to large spaces from 3,000 sq. ft. to 4,500 sq. ft.
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles and a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it.
- It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included) Key Product Features
- Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space between 3,000 and 4,500 SQ FT. It measures 16.6 x 11 x 24.3 inches, has a 1.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day. Key Product Features
Professional Performance: yaufey 30 Pint Dehumidifier Review
yaufey 30 Pint Dehumidifier
- PROFESSIONAL & EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION: With removal capacity of up to 32.7 pints of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 32.7 pints), This energy-efficient dehumidifier is suitable for your basement, home, bathroom, bedroom, garage, and other indoor spaces up to 1750 Sq. Ft
- PORTABLE & SIMPLE FOR USE: Never complicated, Yaufey dehumidifier features a light-touch intelligent control panel, which makes operation panel be clear at a glance. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the 1.8L tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Tired of manual drainage? A drain hose outlet for continuous draining offer for you(The 2-meter long drain hose is included)
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN: Dehumidifiers offer regular and turbo fan speeds for optional. The low-noise design will get you far away from the disturbing noise when sleeping or studying. The removable and washable filter means easy maintenance — Simply clean it regularly and then recycle. Program the 24-hour timer to suit your lifestyle and save energy costs. All human design can ensure you a best experience with your dehumidifier
- EASY TO MOVE AND CARRY:Compared to portable dehumidifiers that do not dehumidify well,and those dehumidify well but unwieldy. Consider this, The convenient built-in wheels and handles make Yaufey dehumidifier so easy to move from one room to another. This dehumidifier solves both the dehumidification effect and the portability problem
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Although the price of this home dehumidifier is high,don't buy inferior products because of cheap,We have 100% confidence in Yaufey dehumidifier. All of Dehumidifiers you bought are covered with 30-Days Money Back Guarantee, 12-month free replacements and lifetime support. Please contact us by our after-sale email if there is any issue, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problem
Economical Choice: hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier Review
hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 4,500 sq ft Large Dehumidifier: Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- Designed For Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminites Moistness, Odor & Other Things You Hate: Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction.
Well Built: Keystone 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls Review
Keystone 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls
- 50 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard: Efficiently remove up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day. The dehumidifier works quickly to absorb moisture out of a 4500 square foot space to improve your air quality on many levels. It measures 15.39 x 10.83 x 23.23 inches, and has a 6L water tank.
- RELIABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: In need of an effective way to manage the moisture in your air? Buy our dehumidifier and create a comfortable space with fantastic air quality. Adjust to your ideal settings using the electronic controls with LED Display and let the machine do the work to control humidity levels. The settings include Normal, Turbo, and Auto-Defrost. Other functions include an auto-restart, a bucket full alert, clean filter alert, and an automatic shut-off function.
- ELIMINATES EXCESS MOISTURE FROM HUMID AIR: The Keystone portable dehumidifier can be placed in various locations throughout your home or apartment such as your attic, bedroom, basement, bathroom, garage, or any other environment. Breathe in clean air again!
- CONTINUOUS DRAINING OPTION: For extreme conditions, a continuous draining option is available using a low-level drain and a standard garden hose (hose not included) instead of emptying the bucket.
- REAP MANY BENEFITS: Protect your home and keep it safe from damage during wet, stormy weather. Whatever your purpose, this dehumidifier will help absorb extra water from your surroundings!
Innovative Functions: MIDEA Dehumidifier with Reusable Air Filter Review
MIDEA Dehumidifier with Reusable Air Filter
- 4, 500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER – Our dehumidifier are able to collect 50 pint (70 pint 2012 DOE standard) of water a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%, perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier! Please note: depending on the climate in your area, as well as room size, you may need to purchase a larger unit for best effect
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES – Auto restart function limits disruption due to power outages by engaging your chosen settings as soon as power is restored. Meanwhile, continuous dehumidification mode is perfect for keeping your home at the proper humidity level.
- QUIET OPERATION – Quiet enough for use in bedrooms to maintain both healthy air quality and a relaxing environment. A maximum 51 decibel volume enables quiet operation that registers around the same volume as a quiet conversation.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Easily empty the included tank when it’s full, or simply connect a standard . 75 inch female garden hose (not included) to the built in socket for gravity fed continuous draining. Meanwhile, a reusable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
- WORLDWIDE - Midea is the world’s largest provider of air conditioning products. As a testament to our dedication to quality, we offer a one year parts and labor on this product.
Most Compact: Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier Review
Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- Small & Compact: Lightweight, compact and portable. Capable of removing up to 18 ounces of water per day with a 52-ounce water tank capacity. Can cover up to 3000 cubic feet (250 sq ft)
- Auto Shut-Off: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier
- Ultra-Quiet & Efficient: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices
- Removes 18 Ounces of Moisture per Day: Optimal function in room sizes up to 2200 cubic feet (250 sq ft)
- Lowers Humidity: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F
Quiet: Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Large-Capacity Energy Star Dehumidifier Review
Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Large-Capacity Energy Star Dehumidifier
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 4500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 50 Pints of Moisture/Day (70 Pint according to the old DOE [Department of Energy] standards, in 2019 this was classified as 70 pint and it now needs to be classified as 50 pint but IT REMOVED THE SAME MOISTURE AS THE OLD 70 PINT)
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity level in the room, enabling you to set your ideal levels for automatic moisture controlAllergens & Odors for Healthy Air
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3 Gallon Reservoir
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Filter Alert & More
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified), Casters, Auto-Defrost, & Auto-Restart
Clothes Drying Option: SHINCO 3,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Review
SHINCO 3,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier
- 【3,000 Sq.Ft DEHUMIDIFIER】- Our dehumidifier removes 50 pint (2012 DOE Standard, 80°F, RH60%) of water a day and adjust humidity from 80% to 30%, Perfect for Living Room, Basement, Cellar, Garage, Bedroom, Bathroom. (Max dehumidification capacity — 90pint, 86°F, RH90%)
- 【QUIET AND ENERGY-SAVING】- This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms, without racking up your energy bill. Energy Star appliances are not just better for the environment, they also cost 30% less to operate compared to non-Energy Star appliances.48 dB peak sound so that you hardly notice it's there. In general, 50 decibels is probably just as loud as normal conversation.
- 【EASY TO USE】- Adjust to the ideal dehumidification setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, it will automatically shut-off (Water Tank Capacity 4L) . If you don't have time, you can choose continuous drainage mode. You can use the gravity drain hose connection to empty water into your sump pump or floor drain, eliminating the need to empty the collected water by hand every few hours.
- 【GREAT CONVENIENCE】- Quickly dry clothes with one button. If experience a power outage due to a storm, you do not want to have to go around resetting all of your appliances and electronic devices. Shinco dehumidifiers will revert back to their previous set. The LED screen visually shows current room humidity levels and your desired target humidity. You can change the fan speed, set a 2/4 hour sleep timer, auto defrost in low temperature environment. Easy to move, removable water reservoir.
- 【Perfect After Service】- All of Shinco Dehumidifier are covered with 30-Days Money Back, 1 Year Warranty and lifetime expert tech support. If you have any problems, please contact our team to get help.we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems.
Smart Humidity Control System: Honeywell Dehumidifier for Medium Basement & Living Room Review
Honeywell Dehumidifier for Medium Basement & Living Room
- Energy Star qualified dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture (50 pint 2012 DOE standard) from the air every 24 hours in a room up to 3,000 square feet.
- Controls humidity for a more comfortable home environment
- Smart digital humidistat control system automatically senses room moisture levels and activates dehumidification
- LED digital display indicates room temperature, humidity level and timer settings
Unique Features: Meaco 8-Liter Desiccant Dehumidifier Review
Meaco 8-Liter Desiccant Dehumidifier
- Meaco makes a £2 donation ($2.63) to the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation’s Elephant Orphanage in Zambia for each unit sold
- Desiccant dehumidifier removes up to 8 liters (approximately 17 pints) of moisture from the air per day
- Unique Meaco features including "Turn Me On" indicator, Control Logic and 20+ Control
- Continuous drain option available using included hose and a low-level drain
- 6.34-pint water collection tank with anti-spill cover, full tank alert, and auto shut-off when full
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best garage dehumidifier
Is a dehumidifier good for a garage?
The area where your parking zone is located plays an important role in determining the coverage area. If the area is extremely humid owing to the climate, purchase a garage dehumidifier with a slightly higher capacity.
How to choose the best garage dehumidifier?
The main aspect of choosing the right garage dehumidifier is to first assess the size of your car lot. The capacity of the device is measured in pints. Therefore, it is obvious that the size and area of your parking space plays a major role in selecting the device. For a 300 sq ft space you will require a dehumidifier of 20 pints and for a 1200
sq ft one a 50-70 pint will suffice. The capacity
The drainage system is another concern before buying the device. Large parking spaces need the device to run almost continuously, so it is practical to buy a machine that has a hose built into the device so that the water gets discharged constantly and prevents the tank from being too full. Some of the best dehumidifiers for the garage have drainage systems like a hose that gets rid of the water collected into the device
Dehumidifiers often come with several settings. If your parking zone has a lot of moisture you can use a dehumidifier in the garage for better air daily. Some of these come with an automatic switch-off option. You can use this setting to save energy. The device will turn off automatically when your car space has reached an optimum level of moisture. Look for a model that has a humidistat. This will help you identify how dry or moist your parking space is and how often you should use the appliance. You can also control the temperature manually on some models. It is also advisable to buy one that has a removable filter. This way you can keep it clean and running for a long time without much repair. In some garage dehumidifiers, fans are also built into the device.
No one likes appliances that make a lot of noise. A common problem with any machine is the noise that it produces. You may consider how silent the device is before you buy it. However, if your parking space is at a considerable distance, the noise may not disturb you. Most of the garage dehumidifier reviews will tell you how loud the appliance can be. Therefore, keep this point in mind when you buy one. The best garage dehumidifier will be as quiet as a mouse.
Some of these devices have interesting features like a control panel. Along with that, light is installed as well to let you know that the optimum level of dryness has been attained. The light will also let you know whether or not you should clean the filters. These are some of the unique characteristics of the best basement dehumidifier.
Best garage dehumidifier FAQ
What size dehumidifier for the garage?
What size dehumidifier do I need? Is a very common question. The size of the appliance that you should purchase depends on several factors. The total area determines what capacity you should buy. If you have 2 or 3 cars and some motorbikes as well, you will need a device with a large capacity. A 500 square feet parking space will require around 40 to 60-pint dehumidifier. If you want a dehumidifier for a cold garage, measure the moisture level as it is more important than the temperature.
Where to put the garage dehumidifier?
According to the garage dehumidifier reviews, the machine works best when it is installed near the floor. Usually, the floors accumulate most of the water and give rise to mold. Placing the device just above the floor will help you achieve the best results. Install the appliance near the parts of your parking space that are affected by moisture the most. If you want to install it in your house choose the best basement dehumidifier, to get rid of moisture and humidity.
What should the humidity be in a garage?
The humidity in any car space should never be more than fifty percent and install a dehumidifier if your car space is excessively humid and the moisture levels cross 40 to 50 percent.
How do I keep water out of my garage?
Garage floors often collect water. This may give rise to mold and damage the walls. If you live in an area that receives a lot of rainfall, water may seep into your parking zone. To get rid of moisture, install one with a suitable capacity. Find yourself the best moisture meter to keep the humidity in control.
Some of the best garage dehumidifiers 2021 are readily available in the market. Check all the features available and buy that fulfills all your requirements. The item is a good investment if you are someone who owns several automobiles. This machine can save you money that you would otherwise spend to repair your cars that have been damaged by moisture or humidity. Get your hands on one of these to keep your vehicles in good shape.