Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
To make the best of wood products, you cannot afford not to have the best tools for the job. Hence, you will need to have different brands of chainsaws in mind while shopping for one for your workshop or home. Below is a discussion of the top 5 chainsaw brands known for strength, durability, and safety.
Husqvarna is one of the most recommended powerhouses in the chainsaws manufacturers industry. The brand has more than three centuries of experience in this field hence making it a big name in the chainsaw industry.
Husqvarna has been in the outdoor tools manufacturing for the last 329 years, and it began as a muskets manufacturer for the Swedish army. The success of this best brand of chainsaw is evident in delivering nothing but quality and reliability to the users.
The Types of Husqvarna Сhainsaws
There are several types of chainsaws that you can choose from with the Husqvarna chainsaw brand. These include;
Powerful and Professional Saws
Husqvarna 20 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
- 455 Rancher chainsaw is an ideal saw for landowners or homeowners who require a high powered and heavy duty chainsaw
- 55. 5cc 20 inch gas chainsaw with guide bar and chain
- 2 cycle engine with Intertie activated chain brake for safety while operating
- Comes with Husqvarna chainsaw Bar cover and 2. 6 ounce bottle of pre-mix fuel Included, Bar and chain oil must be purchased Separately
- Automatic chain oiler delivers a steady supply of bar and chain oil for safe and effective use
This is a category of 50cc chainsaw specially designed for professionals and landowners. The design concentrates on the ability to work for long hours, safety, and performance.
Husqvarna Electric Chainsaws
Husqvarna 14 Inch 120i Cordless Battery Powered Chainsaw (Battery Included),Orange
- 120i Cordless Battery Chainsaw is built for the homeowner who needs a lightweight saw ideal for pruning branches and feeling small trees
- 40-Volt battery powered chainsaw with guide bar and chain
- Intuitive control key pad with savE mode, allows user to switch between maximum power and maximum runtime depending on the job
- 40 Volt battery is compatible with other Husqvarna 40 Volt cordless tools
- Intertia activated chain brake for safety while operating
Husqvarna is also up to speed with the electric chainsaw technology. It brings you both corded and the best cordless chainsaw.
Husqvarna 967256101 16" Corded Electric Chainsaw, 414EL, Orange
- Corded electric chainsaw operates quietly and powerfully, making it perfect for indoor use and craftspeople
- Air injection cleaning system extends the operating time between filter Cleanings and the life of your saw
- Anti-vibration dampeners absorb movement for easier operation
- Instant starting lets you get working faster
- Ergonomic 90-degree front handle maximizes user comfort
This type is specially meant for homeowners who are involved in occasional wood cutting.
- Good for the toughest wood cutting needs.
- Requires 1 to 2 pulls to get the saw into action.
- Vibration isolation technology.
- Maximum safety.
- As derived from top chainsaw brands reviews, Husqvarna chainsaws need a screwdriver to pull out the air filter cover to clean.
Though not as old as the previously discussed brands, Echo keeps growing in manufacturing the best chainsaws around. Discussed below are some of the types of chainsaws that Echo proudly brings you.
Echo has been among the top rated chainsaw brands in America for the last 40 years. The brand has been manufacturing both gas and electric chainsaws while maintaining the latest technology in the industry.
Main Types of Echo Chainsaws
Below are the main types of chainsaws that Echo brings you.
ECHO 20 in. Timber Wolf 59.8 cc Gas
- Price For: Each Fuel Type: Gas Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Item: Chain Saw HP: 3.9 Chain Oiler: Auto/Adjustable Includes: Chain, Bar, Operators Manual Bar Length: 20" Fuel Type: Gas Fuel Tank Capacity: 21.8 oz. Engine Displacement: 59.8cc Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Replacement Chain: Mfr. No. 72LPX70CQ Item: Chain Saw Country of Origin (subject to change): Japan
Whether you are looking for professional chainsaw brands for your workshop or simple home use, Echo brings you the rear handle chainsaws to meet all your wood handling needs. Rear handle chainsaws are pretty easy to control. A lot of chainsaw brand reviews give them thumbs up.
Top Handle Chainsaws
ECHO CS-271T 12 In. Chainsaw
- Price For: Each Fuel Type: Gas Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Item: Chain Saw Chain Oiler: Auto/Aadjustable Includes: Chain Saw, Bar, Chain, Wrench, 2 Stroke Oil, Operators Manual Bar Length: 12" Fuel Type: Gas Fuel Tank Capacity: 8.1 oz. Engine Displacement: 26.9cc Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Replacement Chain: MFR. NO. 91VG45CQ Item: Chain Saw
- Country of Origin (subject to change): Japan
Echo also brings you the best top handle chainsaws. These saws are pretty compact and are commonly used by arborists.
Echo Electric Chainsaws
ECHO 16 In Cordless Chainsaw w/Batt
- Brushless motor for superior power, run time and durability
- 16 in. bar and chain for larger, more aggressive cutting
- Automatic oiler for optimum oiling and longer chain life
- Includes 58-Volt 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery and 58-Volt lithium-ion charger
- Equipped with an inertia chain brake
Echo also brings you electric chainsaws that are either cordless or corded. With the corded models, you will need to plug into electricity to get working while the cordless ones need rechargeable batteries to run.
- Echo chainsaws are specially designed for heavy-duty tasks.
- They capable of cutting down the biggest trees.
- Echo has a wide range of chainsaw selection.
- Echo offers optimal productivity and performance.
- Echo chains cannot be used in a yard setting since they are designed for heavy duty tasks.
Makita also appears in the list of the major chainsaw brands list. It’s majorly ideal for individuals looking for an easy to use chainsaw brands.
Makita has been among the best chainsaw brands for the last 90 years. Recently, it has garnered a reputation for high power, and now it appears in the list of the best brands of chainsaw 2021.
Types of Makita Saws
Check out the Makita Chainsaws types discussed below.
Makita Gas Saws
Makita EA4300F40B 16" 42 cc Chain Saw
- Easy Start, spring assisted starter for quick starting with less force
- "Tool-less" filter access for convenient maintenance
- Slide-out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation
- Compact design with less weight
- High Power to Weight Ratio
Makita has some of the most powerful gas chainsaws around that use gasoline to get working. They are ideal for both professional and industrial use.
Makita Electric Saws
Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14" Chain Saw Kit with, 4 Batteries (5.0Ah) , Blue
- 2 Free Batteries with qualifying X2 kits for a limited time (4 batteries included)
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3, 940 FPM) For improved cutting performance
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance. Chain pitch : 3/8 inch
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in L. E. D. On/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended Battery life
The Makita electric saws are majorly designed for lightweight jobs for homeowners and occasional users.
Makita Pole Saws
Makita also brings your high power pole saws with a multi-position system that’s excellent for industrial purposes.
- Easy to handle.
- Easy maintenance.
- Optimal safety.
- As per top chainsaw brands reviews, this brand’s chainsaws often require extension cords.
Worx chainsaws are the best option for any homeowner looking for a small chainsaw for yard cleaning.
Worx launched its early power tools in 2004, which was precisely an electric lawn trimmer. Its main aim is to provide tools that are easy on the environment and has even received the award of WWF’S platinum award for low carbon manufacturing.
Worx Chainsaw Types
Worx chainsaws brings you several types of chainsaws that are safe and ideal for yard activities.
Cordless Worx Chainsaws
WORX WG322 20V PowerShare 10" Cordless Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension
- FAST, CLEAN CUTS: This cordless 20V PowerShare chain saw is as fast and powerful as anything in its class. And with no gas and no cord, there’s much less muss and fuss
- AUTO-CHAIN TENSION: The automatic, tool-free chain tension system ensures you’ll always have the correct tension for the job at hand
- DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY: Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- AUTO-CHAIN LUBRICATION: The automatic chain lubrication system not only makes for smoother, more efficient cuts, it extends the life of the tool. And the oil level indicator lets you know exactly where you stand
- COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT: It weighs 6.2 pounds, about as much as a 2-Liter bottle of soda. You’ll work longer, with less strain
Worx manufacturers a variety of cordless battery chainsaws that are lightweight and pretty easy to use.
Corded Worx Chainsaws
WORX WG304.1 15 Amp 18" Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension
- 15.0 Amp motor output delivers a more powerful cutting performance to the extended, 18-inch bar
- Patented auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening; stays at the right tension for hundreds of uses
- Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake for added safety
- Automatic oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with window level indicator
- Comes fully assembled right out of the box, and includes 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
These corded Worx chainsaws need power connection to operate, and they have automatic oil lubrication.
Worx WG323 20V Power Share 10" Cordless Pole/Chain Saw with Auto-Tension
- [12’ EXTRA REACH] It takes just a few minutes and no tools to attach the pole. And with a reach of up to 12’ and only 10 lbs., you’ll be able to get to branches and limbs before they become a problem
- [FAST, CLEAN CUTS] This cordless 20V PowerShare chain saw is as fast and powerful as anything in its class. And with no gas, and no cord, there’s much less muss and fuss
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [AUTO-CHAIN TENSION] The automatic, tool-free chain tension system ensures you’ll always have the correct tension for the job at hand
- [AUTO-CHAIN LUBRICATION] The automatic chain lubrication system not only makes for smoother, more efficient cuts, but it extends the life of the tool. And the oil level indicator lets you know exactly where you stand
These poles are quite easy to maneuver as they can also be referred to as small chainsaws. Precisely, the Worx pole saws are ideal for small household tasks.
- Very minimal fumes.
- Motors run quietly.
- Pretty lightweight.
- Worx chainsaws are not capable of cutting trees.
Stihl is actually one of the most famous chainsaw brand names in the world. Their chainsaws are durable, safe, and quite robust.
Stihl was brought into existence 90 years ago by one Andreas Stihl. Over the years, this best chainsaw brand has made remarkable advancements in the chain braking system, anti-vibration system, and the air filter system.
Common Types of Stihl
Stihl chainsaws come in different types which include:
- Stihl electric Chainsaws
Stihl brings a wide range of electric chainsaws for both professional and home use. The only requirement is accessing the power source to swing into action.
- Gas-Powered Chainsaws
As the name suggests, this Stihl chainsaws are powered by gas and are great for trimming jobs around the home and occasional cutting. They have a place in the best chainsaw model 2021.
- Battery-Powered Chainsaw
Another type of Stihl chainsaw is the battery chainsaw. This type is powered by batteries and can last for up to 230 minutes of runtime.
- Stihl makes everything from scratch in that no parts are acquired from a third party.
- Stihl saws are pretty affordable.
- The brand prioritizes the user’s safety.
- Stihl chainsaws and super powerful, and they offer a long term service.
- Chainsaws from Stihl are not best for light jobs such as trimming around the yard.
Other Chainsaw Brands you should consider
Other brands that offer a worthwhile performance include; Ryobi, Homelite, Remington, Greenworks, and Black+Decker.
Can you now make the right decision for your chainsaw? If not, and you would love to get more information on the best chainsaw brands 2021, don’t hesitate to visit homemakerguide.com.